MOBILIZE YOUR COLLEAGUES!
Training and mobilizing your colleagues to be communications ambassadors for your organization is the most efficient, economic and effective means to generate impact!
Your communications department can be excellent at what they do. They can have a brilliant strategy in place. They can have the right connections and craft really compelling stories. But they represent just one megaphone! Imagine what happens when you have “ambassadors” – your colleagues – who are out there effectively communicating their thought leadership, ideas and the organization / institution’s messages on their own. They develop their relationships, stories and followings on their own, amplifying your organization’s message and connecting it to big-picture organizational goals. Suddenly you have numerous megaphones communicating messages to different audiences (hence the image to the right!).
Many organizations invest resources in media relations, whether it is internal or an outside resource. A PR agency can set up numerous opportunities, but if the spokesperson is not able to deliver a compelling interview, that effort is for naught!
We’ve put together a program designed to teach individuals how to communicate their thought leadership through the traditional press, social media and owned content platforms. We customize this program during our in-person workshops based on the organization’s particular context. After teaching the key concepts and highlighting best practice, workshop attendees directly apply the lessons through a series of different practical – and fun – exercises that we do both individually and as a group. Examples of the content we cover:
- How to develop a thought leadership plan that supports your personal and organizational objectives
- Understanding the media landscape and developing a plan
- Communicating your message during a media interview
- Achieving goals through owned content platforms
- Leveraging social media
- Using the communications mix to support your learning agenda
- Leveraging social media in your sales
For each client, we put together a customized workbook that includes frameworks, templates and guidelines. We work with the client to incorporate key messaging and institutional resources into the booklet.
The results will depend on the learning objectives identified by the client. Potential benefits include:
- Personify “social business” – individuals throughout the organization strategically leveraging different communication channels
- Increased brand visibility – both for organization and individuals
- Mitigating risk of a communications crisis
- Expansion of networks
- Internal alignment
- Pathway to achieve goals based on individual’s particular context (whether it be sales, leads, engagement with a particular audience group, etc)
No two workshops we have delivered are the same. Everything is tailored to the client’s goal. Contact us and we can put together a quote for you.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT OUR AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
“The media training sessions provided by Experiential Communications were interactive, effective and highly enjoyable. Kevin has a polished but informal and approachable training style that worked really well for our team. We are already implementing many of the ready-to-use ideas we discussed and have set in motion several longer-term initiatives identified during the sessions.” – David Young, CEO of VIF International