LET US PROVIDE HANDS ON SUPPORT IN CASCADING YOUR KEY MESSAGES
Lots of Demands + Not Enough Resources = Frustration
If you work in marketing / communications, this above formula probably resonates with you to some extent. I know this was somewhat true for me in my previous marketing / communications roles at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and IMD in Switzerland. Since starting my own company, many of the individuals I speak with share similar sentiments.
Let’s face it – there is always more we can do. With all your meetings and existing demands in place, you just don’t have the adequate amount of time to properly explore the latest social media channel for your brand, create a new piece of content for a particular audience segment or execute a particular media relations campaign.
Don’t get frustrated – get help! Here is how I can partner with you to develop an integrated communications strategy that leverages media relations, content marketing and social media.
Content is King!
Content marketing, as defined by the reputable Content Marketing Institute, is the practice of creating relevant and compelling content in a consistent fashion to a targeted buyer, focusing on all stages of the buying process, from brand awareness through to brand evangelism. Content marketing is not about overtly selling, but being the trusted source for the target audience.
To do content marketing effectively, it is important to have a traditional media mindset. This requires three elements:
- Having an editorial mission that outlines the core audience, the type of content that will be delivered and the desired outcome for this audience.
- Thinking through “editorial beats” – the types of topics that will be covered (i.e – just as a newspaper has staff covering the police beat, the education beat and the sports beat, etc).
- Key to this process is an editorial calendar. Inspiration will only get us so far. It is about dedication – having firm deadlines that are delivered on regularly.
I can partner with you to address these areas and then help you create content through the following:
- Ghost-writing thought leadership based on initial input
- Interviews with thought leaders
- Case studies highlighting an individual / company positive experience in a program
- White papers
- Podcast creation
Dissemination through Social Media, Media Relations and Other Tactics
With the content in place, I can help you disseminate it, though media relations, social media, internal communications, event and e-mail marketing, among other tactics.
I also work with clients on creating regular social media content and devising specific campaigns to achieve particular goals.
Positive media visibility is a powerful and cost effective way to rapidly build brand awareness. Third-party validation in the media goes a long way to building a powerful brand presence. I have a long track record in generating positive press visibility in outlets around the world. My media relations offerings include:
- Developing stories around new faculty research, program launches, school initiatives and/or events and then pitching and placing with targeted media.
- Organizing media tours for faculty and leadership.
- Op Ed / article writing support.
- Linking faculty research to breaking news stories.
- Targeting publications based on their supplement calendars and where there is a natural fit.
- Devising creative ways to build relationships with media that might not necessarily involve a formal media pitch (i.e – inviting a targeted journalist to speak to students or co-host joint event with the media outlet serving as a partner).
Results, Metrics and Next Steps
This is a two-way discussion. We work with clients to define what successful outcomes look like. Let’s discuss how we can customize the above areas to deliver your results. Contact me to set-up a time to talk!
“Kevin Anselmo is creative and client-centered in his approach to working with our team on communications, and we highly value the opportunity to partner with him. Kevin brings strong understanding and skills in content marketing and also in preparing professionals globally to leverage social media. He has been very flexible in working with our broader team and motivating engagement and alignment with the content strategy. We have most recently leveraged Kevin’s help in hosting a podcast, and he has done a great job facilitating the conversation and making the podcast come to life as a viable form of communication for us.” – Christine Robers, Director of Global Marketing for Duke Corporate Education
“If you are looking for a creative and strategic communicator to help achieve your individual and organizational goals, then I would highly recommend the services of Kevin Anselmo and Experiential Communications. Kevin is skilled at crafting compelling content and disseminating it to different audiences via traditional media and digital communications channels. His abilities in this area allowed College Advising Corps to expand its visibility nationally and effectively communicate key strategic messages to our different stakeholder groups.” – Nicole Hurd, Founder and CEO of College Advising Corps