PROGRAMS FOR STUDENTS
Does any of the following apply to you as head of an academic / educational teaching program?
– You realize the importance of incorporating general communications, public relations and social media into your curriculum, but you don’t know of a hands-on practitioner who can teach these subjects.
– You are interested in communications curriculum that that can be integrated into your existing programs.
We can be your partner in providing tailored communications education to your students. It is indeed a critical area – lack of trust permeates our society and shoddy communication practices are one of many contributing factors (see the Edelman Trust Barometer). Partnership for a 21st Century Skills emphasizes that the 3 R’s need to be supported with the 4 C’s (creativity, collaboration, critical thinking and communication) in education.
We can provide communication education to your students in two ways:
1) Kevin Anselmo can teach everything from one-off workshops to complete courses on various aspects of communications. Kevin brings a practical, hands-on approach to enable students to truly experience communications (hence our name!). He has run workshops while in his communications roles at Duke University and IMD Business School, taught as an adjunct professor at Nyack College in New York, and currently is a communications instructor for Aidan College in Lavey, Switzerland.
Among the subjects he can adapt to different audiences:
– Communications, Critical Thinking and Influencing
– Social Media and Writing for Different Mediums
– Public Relations
– Feature Writing
– Using Social Media and Online Resources for Ongoing Professional Development
– Using Social Media and Online Resources for Choosing a College Major (high school students only)
2) We can work with you to develop communications curriculum to fit your specific needs. We are also currently developing stand-alone curriculum that will eventually be available for separate purchase.
“Kevin Anselmo is a highly dedicated teacher who shows real and constant care for his students. Kevin is a very patient and dynamic teacher greatly appreciated by his students. He knows how to keep them interested throughout his classes, both in person and online, which is not an easy challenge! Always up to date with the latest developments in communications and social media, Kevin listens to each student, gives individual advice to help them move forward and adapts the content of his course to the personal needs and objectives of each student. As one of our guest faculty member, he adapted very quickly to Aidan College’s environment, showing high professionalism in all matters related to the organization of our college and having excellent relationships with all the other members of staff. It is always a great pleasure working in collaboration with Kevin and I would highly recommend him to any company or institution looking for a communication teacher or a social media consultant.” – Véronique Bertrand Bouffard, Director of Aidan College in Lavey, Switzerland
“I recruited Kevin to lead a session entitled Using Social Media for Lifelong Learning for the Master of Management Studies graduate students at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business. Kevin is an established expert in this topic and a social media for lifelong learning evangelist. He put together an interesting presentation chock-full of enlightening data and facts. More importantly, he engaged the attendees in a dialogue on the topic. The presentation pulled some of the more reserved students out of their shells and also led to an on-going conversation between Kevin and several students after the session ended.” – Angela Eberts, Associate Program Director of Master of Management (MMS) Career Services at Duke’s Fuqua School of Business.
Contact Kevin to learn more about how his tailored services in these areas.