Creating compelling content - white papers, articles, case studies, blog posts, video scripts, social media content and podcasts - that will resonate with specific targeted audiences.
I am the ghostwriter behind the scenes that can help make your content shine. I approach content projects through the following:
- Co-creation - I bring fresh perspectives and a unique style and combine this with the client’s viewpoint and knowledge of their organization. We ultimately create a final product that is far better than what we could have accomplished alone.
- So what? - As I review the content I create, I will frequently ask this question from the perspective of the targeted audience. If the content doesn’t adequately pass the “so what” test, then let’s eliminate this.
- Simplicity - Less is more and let’s say goodbye to jargon. Keep in mind this advice from Richard Branson in his article "Why You Should Do Away with Jargon": “Some people love speaking in jargon, using fancy words and turning everything into acronyms. Personally, I find this simply slows things down, confuses people and causes them to lose interest. It’s far better to use a simple term and commonplace words that everyone will understand, rather than showing off and annoying your audience.”
- Paint a picture – Often ideas are communicated in the abstract and theoretical. To overcome this, it is important to integrate stories, examples and / or metaphors.
I ghost-wrote two separate award submissions (in different years) for clients that were awarded gold and silver respectively by the European Foundation for Management Development.
Clients of my editorial services include the likes of the Center for Creative Leadership, College Advising Corps, Duke Corporate Education, Duke University Global Value Chains Center, the Duke University Center for Advanced Hindsight, Geneva Centre for Security Policy, IEDC Bled School of Management, IMD, London Business School and Nestle.
“If you are looking for a creative and strategic communicator to help achieve your individual and organizational goals, then I would highly recommend the services of Kevin Anselmo and Experiential Communications. Kevin is skilled at crafting compelling content and disseminating it to different audiences via traditional media and digital communications channels. His abilities in this area allowed College Advising Corps to expand its visibility nationally and effectively communicate key strategic messages to our different stakeholder groups.”
- Nicole Hurd (Founder and CEO, College Advising Corps)
“Kevin Anselmo is creative and client-centered in his approach to working with our team on communications, and we highly value the opportunity to partner with him. Kevin brings strong understanding and skills in content marketing and also in preparing professionals globally to leverage social media. He has been very flexible in working with our broader team and motivating engagement and alignment with the content strategy.”
- Christine Robers (Director of Marketing, Duke Corporate Education)